To celebrate the Hanukkah miracle of a little bit of oil lasting for 8 whole nights, we eat lots of oil-fried food! Potato latkes and doughnuts (aka sufganiyot) are our favorites.
Here’s how to create some of your own from playdough!
- Set up some fresh dough, along with some fun toppings like sprinkles.
- Roll the dough to make a thin, snake shape. Then, connect the sides to form a ring.
- To add icing, you can mix orange dough and purple dough together to make chocolate (brown) icing.
- Add your toppings! Top off your (play)doughnuts with your icing and sprinkles.
- More of a munchkin fan? Roll dough into a ball, and pour some sprinkles on a surface to roll your dough ball around in.
If you’ll be frying up some real doughnuts for the holiday, it can be fun to add a small pot or pan to your little’s play set up.